The Social Network arrived in theaters nationwide this weekend, pulling in $9 million in its first day as it opened first at the box office. The David Fincher-directed and Aaron Sorkin-written film about Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg might not be as entrenched in the social zeitgeist as Facebook itself, but it’s doing quite well so far.
Earlier this week Mashable hosted two early premieres for the film — one in San Francisco and one in New York City. Additionally, we’ve covered the best commentary from the filmmakers, interviewed composer Trent Reznor and reviewed the film at length.
Check out these stories to make sure you haven’t missed any of the buzz around this major motion picture about social media and entrepreneurship, then let us know what you think of the film if you haven’t already!
- “The Social Network”: Mashable’s Complete Movie Review – Christina Warren critically examines the film and its themes in context.
- Exclusive: Trent Reznor on “The Social Network” [INTERVIEW] – Brenna Ehrlich interviews Nine Inch Nails front man Trent Reznor, who scored The Social Network.
- Why Zuckerberg Should Like the Facebook Movie – Pete Cashmore explains in a CNN column that “The Social Network ultimately paints Zuckerberg as a tireless visionary.”
- Tech Entrepreneurs Discuss “The Social Network” [VIDEO] – Tumblr founder David Karp, Foodspotting Co-Founder Soraya Darabi and Adopt a Hacker Co-Founder Ben Fisher discuss the film at the NYC Mashable premiere.
- Facebook Staff Takes a Company Field Trip to See “The Social Network” [PHOTO]
- Justin Timberlake and Aaron Sorkin Not That Into Facebook [VIDEO]
- “The Social Network” Writer on Mark Zuckerberg: “I’ve Been That Guy”
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Version of “The Social Network” [PARODY]
Reviews: Mashable, Tumblr
For more Entertainment coverage: