Today marks the start of New York Fashion Week. Designers, models and other fashion elite are gathering throughout the city to showcase their collections to peers and critics. And while much of the week’s excitement takes place on the runway, fashion-lovers around the world are in luck, because #NYFW also happens on Twitter.
We’ve culled a group of top fashion insiders to live tweet as a #fashionflock from the front row throughout the week. Here’s who to follow:
- Anne Slowey: @AnneSlowey from @ElleMagazine
- Ariel Foxman: @ArielFoxman from @InStyle
- Britney Spears: @BritneySpears
- BryanBoy: @BryanBoy
- Eva Chen: @EvaChen212 from @LuckyMagazine
- Hillary Kerr: @HillaryKerr from @WhoWhatWear
- Joe Zee: @mrjoezee from @YahooStyle
- Kelly Cutrone: @KellyCutrone
- Leandra Medine: @ManRepeller
- Nigel Barker: @NigelBarker
- Nina Garcia: @NinaGarcia from @MarieClaire
- Russell Westbrook: @russwest44, @westbrookframes
- Tina Craig: @BagSnob
- Victoria Justice: @VictoriaJustice
Also be sure to follow #NYFW on Vine as @TommyHilfiger captures exclusive looks from models, it-girls and more backstage. In addition, @mbfashionweek will tweet fashion-filled photos and videos from each show’s last look, so you can catch a glimpse of the action, as it’s happening.
While there will be a boost in #fashion chatter on Twitter this week as stylesetters Tweet their favorite looks for next spring, the fashion conversation on Twitter thrives year-round. This annotated map illustrates how fashionistas turn to Twitter 365 days per year.
Finally, here are a few #NYFW Tweets to prep you for all that’s coming down the runway: