Coming at you with the weekly roundup of features you may have missed on Mashable. Can you handle our collection of Google+ tips, mobile how-to’s, and general geekery? We thought so.
We especially hope you love the editors’ picks this week because we have a hunch they’re exactly what you need. Read on for the latest in tech resources, gathered together for your convenience in this handy one-stop guide.
- Google+: The Complete Guide
This guide has everything you’ll ever want to know about Google+. Updated regularly.
- 20+ Great Geeky Posters For Your Office [PICS]
We’ve got a great selection of posters from classic Apple advertising to Android illustrations via some rather innovative typographical creations for you to peruse.
- HOW TO: Do a Clean Install of OS X Lion
Want to install Lion on a completely clean slate? Follow our easy guide for creating a bootable DVD or USB thumb drive.
- The Interconnected World of Tech Companies [INFOGRAPHIC]
The “tech world” is really more of a “tech family.” How is Microsoft related to Apple? How is PayPal related to Google? This infographic exposes the family tree.
- 8 Crucial Elements of Startup Success
To give yourself a leg up on the startup competition, we’ve compiled a list of tips that may help your business make it to the next level.
- 19 Essential Google+ Resources
Loving Google+ so far? Looking to get more out of your Plus experience? You’ll want to bookmark this pack of tools, reviews and tips.
- Top 10 Twitter Trends This Week [CHART]
Wondering which topics had Twitter abuzz this past week? Check out the full list of top trends.
- Reaching 200 Million Accounts: Twitter’s Explosive Growth [INFOGRAPHIC]
The 200 millionth Tweep has signed up for a Twitter account, and this infographic traces the history of the microblogging platform leading up to that mind-boggling number.
- 5 Ways Journalists Are Using Google+
Here are a few ways we’ve seen media professionals using the platform and what that might mean for the future of Google+ in journalism.
- HOW TO: Make RSS Feeds for Google+ Profiles
Want to view Google+ updates in your RSS feed? Here’s how.
- HOW TO: Add Mashable Staff to Your Circles on Google+
Ever since its launch on June 28, the tech community has been rushing to join Google+. And Mashable staffers are no exception.
- How Journalists Are Using Facebook to Share the News
Here are some tips for journos looking to maximize engagement on their Facebook Journalist Pages.
- Why Every College Should Start Crowdsourcing
Crowdsourcing is a perfect solution for university to engage their diverse student bodies and get effective, creative solutions. Here’s why.
- 7 Things Facebook Should Do To Increase Security [OPINION]
Many Facebook users lack knowledge and experience about how to protect themselves in the social networking environment. Online privacy expert Eugene Kapersky makes seven recommendations to Mark Zuckerberg.
- Music Subscription Faceoff: How Does Spotify Measure Up? [INFOGRAPHIC]
Spotify, Rdio, MOG, Rhapsody, Slacker, Grooveshark — the list of available music subscription services is growing. Which should you choose? Our infographic will help you sort out the details.
- 15+ Upcoming Social Media & Tech Events
Looking for a tech or social media event in your area? Check out Mashable’s events guide.
- 5 Social Good Websites Aimed at Youth
What if that stereotypically self-absorbed, trite teen you see on Facebook has an altruistic side? Here are five sites where youngsters are making a difference online.
Tech & Mobile
- 15 Rad Retro Office Accessories [PICS]
From gadgets with old school looks to accessories with some ace retro design, our collection encompasses lighting, decor, tools and more.
- The Rise of Mobile In-App Ads [INFOGRAPHIC]
If mobile apps are all the rage, then mobile in-app ads are causing rage.
- Apple Product Design: 35 Years of Consumer Electronics [INFOGRAPHIC]
When it comes to industrial design, few consumer electronics or computer makers have the legacy or influence of Apple. Here’s a look back at the history of its aesthetic.
- What Happens When Your Phone Is Lost Or Stolen [INFOGRAPHIC]
f you’ve ever lost a phone or had your mobile device stolen, you probably have a better understanding than most of the costs and vulnerabilities involved.
- 4 Ways In-App Purchasing Will Change Mobile
For many mobile developers and users, in-app purchases are going to change the way they do business. We highlighted some of those changes and offer up some examples already in the marketplace.
- How 3 Cities Are Crowdsourcing For Community Revitalization
Cities are beginning to benefit from crowdsourcing methods to gather input from residents and apply the information they receive to make tangible improvements to communities and neighborhoods.
- 5 Current Trends Shaping the Television Industry
How is digital’s infiltration of the mainstream affecting the television industry? Our analysis of a recent report sheds some light on how TV is changing.
- 10 Reasons Why City Governments Should Embrace Hackathons
New York City is hosting its first hackathon. How and why is the city using social media and technology to improve the way it does government?
- HOW TO: Integrate Google+ Into Your WordPress Site
Google+ is all the rage, how can you incorporate the new social network into your WordPress site? Here we show you how.
- Amazon.com Facts: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Web Retailer
It may account for around a third of all U.S. ecommerce sales, boast over 33,000 employees around the world and own such big names as the IMDB, Zappos.com and Woot, but how much do you know about Amazon.com?
Business & Marketing
- 5 Tips for Group Deals Success
Given the mixed results of group deals, it is critical that entrepreneurs do their homework before signing up to make sure they’re positioned for success.
- Tips For Negotiating Employee Equity
Here are four more basic tips for navigating an employee equity agreement.
- HOW TO: Gamify Your Marketing
he scale of the audience accessible through gaming is simply staggering. Let’s examine the opportunities marketers have to gamify experiences.
- HOW TO: Launch a Mobile Campaign for Non-Profits
We’ve rounded up some essential tips for non-profits hoping to start their own text-based initiatives and start receiving donations via mobile.
- HOW TO: Self Publish Your Book with Amazon’s CreateSpace
Self-publishing is poised to be huge. How can you use Amazon’s CreateSpace platform to get your book out into the market? Click here to find out.
- 5 Ways to Take Advantage of the iPad for Business
Sure, the iPad is a great way device for viewing videos and photos, playing games and surfing the web, but it can also be an excellent, super-portable addition to the workplace.
- HOW TO: Get Started Marketing on YouTube [VIDEOS]
Marketing on YouTube can be highly effective but also difficult to kick off. This post gathers some helpful expert tips to get you started.
- Why Valuations Are Getting Too High for Seed Stage Investors [OPINION]
The landscape of startup investing has changed a lot over the past decade and seed stage valuations are up. For angel investors, they’re starting to get too high.
- 4 Reasons Why Contests Should Be Part of Your Marketing Strategy
Contests are certainly not the answer to every marketing challenge, but they should be part of every social media marketer’s toolkit.
- 5 Innovative Food Truck Social Media Marketing Campaigns
Food trucks are becoming increasingly smart with their social media marketing, running campaigns to support particular efforts, deals or events.
- How the Digital World Is Changing the Way Agencies Do Business
As technology and client expectations continue to advance, agencies — PR, marketing, media and advertising — will continue to evolve. But how? We spoke to three experts.
- Small Business Podcasting: 7 Tips to Grow Your Listener Base
Podcasting is an easy, inexpensive way to reach your customers and build a platform. Here are seven podcasting tips to get started.
- 6 Smart Steps to Mastering Engagement with Your Target Audiences [SPONSORED]
We’ve pulled together some of the industry’s wisest voices to serve as your consultants will provide advice that’s certain to help you in your communication efforts
For more Social Media coverage: